Hungarian Vegan Goulash Recipe
• 1/4 cup High Oleic Sunflower oil (olive oil/coconut oil sub)
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 teaspoon dried cumin
• 2 bay leaves
• ¼ cup Parsley stems chopped
• 1 red bell pepper chopped
• 3/4 Cup White Carrots
• 3/4 Cup Orange Carrots
• ¾ Cup Celery Root
• Salt & Green Pepper to taste
• 1 TB dried vegetables (vegemix)
• ¼ Cup chopped celery
• Garlic Pure – Blend 4 garlic cloves, 1 onion, 2 TB oil, pinch salt
• 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 3 liters water (or vegetable broth)
• 1 bag soaked beans
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 teaspoon liquid smoke
• 2-3 potatoes cut small
• 1/2 cup Parsley & Celery chopped
• 2/3 cup Spelt Flour browned with water and oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Coat the bottom of a large pot with olive oil and place it over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Sauté until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add bell pepper, bay leaves, cumin peppers then carrots to the pot. Continue to sauté until peppers and onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add water or broth, sweet paprika, smoked paprika, thyme, bay leaf, soaked beans, soy sauce, and liquid smoke to the pot. Raise heat to high and bring to a simmer. Lower heat and allow to simmer, covered, until the beans are soft, stirring occasionally about 1 hour.
3. Add potatoes, some celery and parsley then cook approximately 20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
4. Add Spelt flour browned in water and oil for thickness. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add extra Salt, Pepper, Garlic Puree, and Liquid Smoke to taste.
5. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add other vegetables you like another great option is adding 1 medium size eggplant.
Liquid smoke –
In Budapest Visit our friends at Napfenyes Restaurant – www.Napfenyesetterem.hu This restaurant is 5 star Vegan!
For More videos on Health and Wellness for Mind Body & Spirit:
Music by: Title: Masked Raver by Vexento